Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Preamble

The purpose of this blog is to share and explain my design and fabrication process for creating a "music shell" for a upright bass. You more music savvy people will know this instrument as a Double Bass. Since I have to keep this professional, I'll spare you my personal opinions (even though this is the true essence of a blog) about this part of the experience and focus more on the task at hand.

The music shell for the upright bass is in conjunction with the UNLV HD Studio at the Downtown Design Center. For more on our motives, please refer to http://hd-thebeckeffect.blogspot.com. In regards to why I chose the Upright Bass, has more to do with the admiration of its aesthetic than anything else. However, I was friends with someone in my high school who manipulated this instrument as well. Part of the music shell design is dependent on the size of the upright bass and its user. I will be going off the 3/4 bass size since this is most commonly used by musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment